Depth soundings taken from Hillsboro Inlet on August 5, 2019. Please note the following cautions when reading this information:
- This is a hazardous inlet, local knowledge is required.
- Chart is not to scale or intended for use for navigation.
- Pass at idle speed.
- Current at bridge can run at six knots. Give way to vessel moving with current.
- Ebb currents tend to push vessels onto the south reef.
- Flood currents tend to push vessels off the south reef.
- Moving sands reduce inlet depth.
- Wave troughs have less water depth than when flat calm.