The Hillsboro Inlet District Board of Commissioners consists of eight (8) individuals appointed by the following local governments: Broward County, Lighthouse Point, Pompano Beach, Deerfield Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, Sea Ranch Lakes, and Hillsboro Beach. The names of the Commissioners and the appointing entity are as follows:
|Sea Ranch Lakes||Denise Bryan, Chair|
|Fort Lauderdale||Laurence Gore, Vice-Chair|
|Deerfield Beach||Scott Loesel, First Vice-Chair|
|Broward County||Tyler Chappell, Commissioner|
|Hillsboro Beach||Tom Campbell, Commissioner|
|Lauderdale-by-the-Sea||Randy Strauss, Commissioner|
|Lighthouse Point||Max Turner, Commissioner|
|Pompano Beach||Robert O’Neill, Commissioner|
The Hillsboro Inlet District provides for sand bypassing around the Hillsboro Inlet, maintenance of the Hillsboro Inlet, and provides important drainage after storm/flooding events for the communities to the west.
- Summary of the District’s Operations.
- Summary of Dredging Volumes from 1991 to the present.
- Most recent Depth Chart for the Hillsboro Inlet
The District’s Charter and Charter Amendments can be found below:
- Chapter 1999-403, Laws of Florida – District Charter
- Chapter 2007-291, Laws of Florida – Amendment to create 8 member Board of Commissioners
- Chapter 2008-283, Laws of Florida – Amendment to clarify language