Regular Meeting at Fletcher Hall, 2200 NE 38th Street, City of Lighthouse Point
Please notify David N. Tolces, District General Counsel, if you cannot attend
FOR MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC, THIS MEETING WILL BE HELD USING COMMUNICATIONS MEDIA TECHNOLOGY – ACCESS INSTRUCTIONS FOR ZOOM MEETING PLATFORM ARE BELOW
- Roll Call/Quorum
- Approval of Minutes for Regular Meeting January 25, 2021
- Approval of Outstanding Bills in the amount of $_____________.
- Approval of Current Month’s Expenses estimated at approximately $30,000.00
- Circulate Dredge Log for Review
- Inlet Status Report – Captain Woodworth R. Draughon III
- Public Comment on Agenda and Non-Agenda Items (3 minute limit)
- Consideration of Responses to RFP 2020-01 Modular Office Building and Foundation for
- Hillsboro Inlet District Office
- Approval of Agreement with Olsen Associates, Inc. for Coastal Engineering Consulting Services (RFQ 2020-01)
- Approval of 2020 Sand Bypassing Report
- Approval of Contract with UniFirst for District Employee Uniforms
- Election of Chair, Vice-Chair and 1st Vice-Chair (to be effective March 1, 2021)
- General Counsel Comments
- Resolution Commending John H. (“Jack”) Holland
- Commissioner Comments
Any person who decides to appeal any decision made by the Board with respect to any matter considered at this meeting will need a record of the proceedings and for such purpose may need to ensure that a verbatim record of the proceedings is made, which record includes the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is to be based. Persons with disabilities requiring accommodations in order to participate should contact the District Office at (954) 763-4242 at least 48 hours in advance to request such accommodations.
HILLSBORO INLET DISTRICT
FINDINGS AND PROCEDURE FOR UTILIZING COMMUNICATIONS MEDIA TECHNOLOGY
- This statement explains the DISTRICT’s findings related to the need to limit public access to the physical location of the meeting, and to provide the public access to the meeting through the use of communications media technology (“CMT”).
- Pursuant to Governor DeSantis’ Executive Orders 20-51 and 20-52, in which the Governor declared a public health emergency and a state of emergency, as well as the recommendations from the Center for Disease Control (“CDC”), there is a recommendation to limit public gatherings.
- Consistent with the authority contained in the Governor’s Executive Orders, as amended, the recommendations of the CDC, and in order to ensure the health, safety, and welfare of the DISTRICT’s clients and employees, the DISTRICT finds that it is in the best interest of the DISTRICT, its officials, employees, contractors, and members of the public to restrict access to the physical location of the meeting to only the District’s Commissioners and essential staff.
- Therefore, the DISTRICT will provide the public with access to the meeting through the use of CMT. All members of the public may participate in the meeting via Zoom:
Meeting ID: 852 2028 1659
- Submitting Public Comment and Documents via email: No later than 6:00 pm on the day of the meeting, submit comments and any documents by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name and address in the email. All comments submitted by email shall be, if read orally, three (3) minutes or less in duration. Public comment received by 6pm prior to the start of the meeting will be read into the record by the Secretary. All other comments submitted by email prior to the start of the meeting shall be made a part of the public record. All documents received after 6:00 pm will be provided to the District Commissioners the day following the meeting.
- Participating in Meeting: Log-in to Zoom via browser, app or phone. During Public Comment portion of the agenda use Raise Hand feature to be called on. Raise Hand feature can be activated by selecting the icon. If you are on app on phone, icon is on the bottom of your screen. If you are on a tablet, icon is on the top right of your screen. If you are on a PC or laptop, icon is on the bottom of the screen. If you are calling in to the meeting, Dial *9.
- A copy of the Agenda for this Public Meeting is posted on the DISTRICT’s website, www.hillsboroinletdistrict.org, and at the respective DISTRICT municipalities’ public notice locations. Any comments related to any item on the agenda can be submitted to the DISTRICT via the following e-mail address email@example.com.